Everside Becomes Certified B Corporation
September 2, 2022
Everside Capital Partners is proud to announce its status as a Certified B Corporation. This process has taken one and a half years and an estimated 120 hours of review, discussion, assessment, and collaboration between the non-profit governing body B-Lab and Everside.
Certified B Corporations (B Corps) are businesses that meet the highest standards of social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. Becoming certified is a tool to drive positive change in the Everside ecosystem and beyond to impact all stakeholders – not just limited partners.
- To pass the B Corp verification process, companies must achieve a minimum score of 80 out of a possible 200 points. Everside is proud that our final score of 117.8 demonstrates our commitment to responsible ownership and being a powerful force for good.
- Everside is 1 of just 149 Certified B Corporation investment advisor firms – representing less than 3% of all B Corps globally.
- Of these 149 investment advisor B Corps, only 34 are our size or larger as measured by total number of employees and based in the United States.
While Everside has always placed great importance on our ESG footprint, this is a further tangible step to cement our commitment and increase our measurable impact. Everside is not just the investments we make or the people we employ. We are partners with the communities we conduct business in and strive to be leaders in taking care of our human capital.
To that end, we’re proud of the impact we’ve achieved thus far and look forward to the future:
- 33% of our current investment team are female and minority. We are focusing our recruiting efforts on historically underrepresented groups in finance.
- A unique facet of the SBIC program is that data is collected from underlying companies on women, minority, and veteran ownership and management (in addition to other important metrics.) Since Everside currently tracks this data for the companies we have exposure to, we hope to see an increase in representation across the board and use data as a tool for change.
- Our goals for 2022 and beyond include energy conservation, waste reduction, and working alongside portfolio companies to encourage and invest in a more diverse and sustainable future.
We are proud to join a community of over 5,000 other B Corporations in 84 countries across 157 industries with one goal: to make business about people and impact, not just the bottom line.
To learn more about Everside’s B Corp status, click here