Everside Capital Partners (Everside) is looking to hire a Fund Accountant to join its team of investment professionals in New York.
Everside, an SEC Registered Investment Adviser (RIA), is a New York based, independently owned asset management firm focused exclusively on the lower middle market. The firm is led by a team with extensive backgrounds in credit, direct investing and origination from top global institutions. Everside has a track record of investing in debt and equity in lower-middle-market companies across the US, generally through partnering with Small Business Investment Companies (SBICs) or directly partnering with lower middle market companies. Everside has invested in over 75 investments since inception and currently manages over $500 million in fund commitments across multiple funds. If you are an independent minded, energetic, detail oriented and proactive person who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working in the private Fund industry, then this may be the perfect job for you.
Scope and Responsibilities:
The Fund Accountant will participate in all operational, fund administration, and audit functions, acting as an integral part of a close-knit team of investment professionals. The Fund Accountant will be expected to manage the daily and periodic operational, fund administration, transactional processing, periodic reporting, and audit requirements of Everside’s privately offered Funds reporting to the Controller and Chief Operating Officer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain of the daily operational and fund administration requirements of select Everside Funds
- Coordination with the fund administrator, audit, tax, custodian and primary operational vendors
- Coordination with Everside’s SBIC Managers and Direct investment Management Teams
- Coordination as needed with the auditor for the annual audit financial statements
- Cash management and transactional processing
- Assisting with client reporting and internal reporting as needed
- Project and ad-hoc assistance as required
Requirements | Successful candidates will possess:
- 2 years of prior experience with a top tier accounting firm, a Private Equity fund or a Fund Administrator with experience in private lending and / or lower middle markets
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in private equity, direct lending, and private fund operations and administration
- Proficiency with direct investment operations, accounting and transaction servicing
- Proficiency in a variety of software applications, including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Superior attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a small team
Interested candidates should submit a resume to: